Saturday, December 13, 2008

Trench Notes: December 12, 2008

Looks like the best source of Trench Notes this week came from mambonut’s “Vertigo” map, where gravity seemed to claim the most kills of the night.

  • My own experience was standing on the 4th floor behind some crates trying to pick off the other team. I heard an explosion behind me (turns out it was actually above me) and a body just dropped out of the sky onto the crates in front of me.

  • This was also the TDM match that would never end… a match with a 10 minute time limit kept getting extended by votes into a 25 minute match. So much for my promise of an eminent potty break. As mambo put it “I was playing one-handed toward the end [of the match.]”

  • I know there is yet another story about a cadaver rolling down stairs, but I’ll leave the telling to someone who actually witnessed that event.

And I’m still smiling a little to myself after running my test map (“UFLL Uprising”) the second time. I asked if we were losing the match because the spawn strategy was unfair, or if it was because the other team was using some nasty strategy to take us down. Broken Piggy said he was afraid it was because the spawn strategy was unfair. Literally two minutes later, our team, which had been losing horribly at Uprising, won the match. So much for an unfair spawn strat… :-)

Got a story from Friday night? Leave it in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. In the Vertigo session, our team was attacking the enemy tower, and I closed in to join EpicKush, who was in a battle at the base of a stairwell at their location. He told me to be careful as I moved closer, and watched molotovs and debris coming down the stairs from the next floor up.

    As we waited to move upwards, we heard a huge blast and watched fire burst out from the stairs, and then a limp body come sliding down the steps and out onto the floor in front of us.

    We both burst out laughing, commenting on how awesome that was...and EpicKush said that was a moment he wished we would have had on camera, because it was too funny. I'm sure it was CrazyUncleDaves body...and we continued to laugh until the end of the match.

    As the next map in the list was launched, we started to play, and EpicKush was still laughing, saying he was having trouble stopping because he just kept playing that scene over again, in his mind...lol

    Great night, great group...thanks again, Cold Justice.

    See you all next week.

    ReplyDelete