Monday, December 1, 2008

Recap: Nov. 28 2008

Overall it was an okay session. No LIVE or network hiccoughs to speak of (except for a lockout at the beginning of the second session.)

I do have a few concerns I want to address, though, and they all hover around the issue that I am trying to appeal to a more mature demographic in these sessions:

  1. Beginning this week, squeakers will be dumped immediately from the session. I may need help from the room to identify the Gamertag of any child gamer that happens upon our lobby. Please feel free to tell the host "ghost_gigglz is a squeaker!" at your earliest opportunity.

  2. We had some less-than-mature individuals that dominated the lobby with their fascinating discussions of diamond counts, hunting prowess and cheerleading for the muted-player ban hammer. (I take no pleasure in banning people from the room – it’s not a side-show event to be cheered.) Not to mention their attempts to outshout any other conversation that was attempting to go on. I'll address this during the week with the most probable outcome being a thinning of my FL. (UPDATE: This has already occurred.)

  3. Broken/cheap headsets are no longer going to be tolerated. The echo-plex effect we endured much of last week was horrible. I will be updating the Code of Conduct to reflect this.

My apologies for not dealing with this stuff as it happened last Friday... I was on cold meds and not feeling so hot, so my tolerance for unacceptable behavior was higher than it normally would be.

It's no fun being the disciplinarian, but I want to keep FCF a high-quality event that the more mature people in the Far Cry community look forward to participating in. The only way I can ensure that is to thin the herds occasionally -- and I have no problem executing that duty if it means we continue to have fun, high-quality sessions.

Note that this is not a ban on mature teens and early twenty-somethings! If you comport yourself well, you are more than welcome to be a part of our weekly shindig. (If you received a message on LIVE from me today directing you to this article, then you are one of the "good guys.")

Also, I want to remind people -- if a map isn't working, tell the host! All I need is two votes to shut down a match and we will be on to the next map. To make it easier -- one of those votes can be my own!

- CJ

PS: The Code of Conduct has been updated. Please review it and post your comments here.

Maps Played Nov-28-2008 (sorted by Gamertag):

GamertagMap NameStatusSizeMode Played
Broken Piggy007 FacilityNewSDM
Broken PiggyBeach BattleUpdatedSCTD
Broken PiggyBeaver CreekOldSTDM
Broken PiggySand City v4OldS-MTDM
Broken PiggyApocalypticaOldLDM
Broken PiggyLibraryOldLTDM
Cold JusticeNjeve Haki ValleyOldLCTD
Cold JusticeRoadie RageNewMUprising
CrazyUncleDaveKeep It Down v2OldLCTD
Dayton28WaterworldNewMTDM
Luke123DudeEyelid IslandsNewMTDM
Luke123DudeBeachNewSTDM
Luke123DudeBoomtownNewSTDM
Luke123DudeShatteredNewSDM
MambonutsShipping Lane ReloadOldLTDM
MambonutsJunkyard DogOldSTDM
pancakeslammaghost valleyNewLUprising
Reyule RebornDeadly CargoNewLUprising
Reyule RebornBlood MoneyNewMCTD
Reyule RebornLeap of FaithNewSCTD
SILO 5 alphaPRISON BREAKNewLUprising

New or updated maps that DID NOT get played:

GamertagMap NameStatusSizeModes
Cold JusticeSundial GardensUpdatedLAll
Luke123DudeIsolationNewMDTC

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately this stuff has to be done sometimes to keep the game fun and in the end I think it's worth it to everyone who plays weekly to make sure they want to return.

    So far we've had some really good times and I am sure everyone is just as eager as I am to make sure we have many more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's face it...you're going to alienate a bunch of gamers. But is this a bad thing? I think not. The gamers you're encouraging to be involved in FCF should appreciate the effort to keep the room at a fairly mature level. In fact, why you let me in still confuses me ;)

    Seriously though, it's your gig. Run it the way you see fit. I would not blame the "echo-plex" on failing head-sets, though...I suspect that has more to do with connection strength.

    ReplyDelete