Saturday, December 6, 2008

Recap: December 5, 2008

Okay, now we are back to what Far Cry Friday has always been about: A good group, some good maps, and good times. Guys, you made my night. I’m hoping we can continue to have sessions like this one. Now, if we can just get Ubisoft to fix the voice chat issues…

If you have friends who can handle the social atmosphere that we had tonight, please invite them to be a part of our little party. Past experience has shown that if we get a core group of 20-25 people, we can lock it down to a wholly private party and just about always have a full room.

Sorry for schilling Njeve Haki Valley at the end of the night, but it’s still my favorite of my own maps. :-) Ending the night with that map may become a tradition until I find another one of my own that I like better. (Yeah, it’s tradition for me to close the night with one of my own maps, because that’s the kind of cruel dictator host that I am.)

The published map list is pretty much how the night went down – all of the maps listed were played, pretty much in the order listed. Most of the maps got played twice. A couple that need some more work got played once, and Kesselschlact got played 4 times. (That is a FUN Uprising map.) Expect to see Kesselschlact go into our regular stable of repeat maps.

And for those who want to keep score, the following maps are in our line-up of repeatables that I throw in when I need to fill out the map order:

  • 007 Facility (Broken Piggy)
  • Apocalyptica (Broken Piggy)
  • Beach Battle (Broken Piggy)
  • Beaver Creek (Broken Piggy)
  • Blood River (mambonuts)
  • Boot Hill (Cold Justice) – this one may be phased out of the repeatable rotation soon.
  • Jayne’s Oasis (Cold Justice)
  • Keep It Down v2 (Crazy Uncle Dave)
  • Kesselschlact (Reyule Reborn)
  • Njeve Haki Valley (Cold Justice)
  • Purpose Unknown (CrazyUncleDave)
  • Shipping Lane Reload (mambonuts)

These are all maps that have not only played well in the past during our FCF sessions, but have play count histories supporting my personal opinion of how well they play. And for me, that is the proof of the pudding. Not maps that get lots of downloads, but maps that get lots of play. They are all maps that I look forward to playing when I see them come up on our list because they are fun maps. Even better, most of these maps are good-looking as well, and that never hurts.

7 comments:

  1. That was a great session; Great maps and great players (aside from the GoW schelp who wanted to play the D-Day map and wouldn't shut up about it).

    Beach Battle has come a long way, it played great in CTD.

    Don't beat up Roadie Rage Remix, it's a good UR map.

    I also was liking Piggy's D-Day map but it needs a little work but no matter what he does to it i will Probably just camp on hte roof with my IED's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! I forgot to thank you for the Kesselschlact love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya, that was fun with the ied's on the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great times last night everyone! This is what I like to see, it reminded me of the good old days of FCF!

    I'm working on Beachfront (D-Day Hedgehog Beach) Today, hopefully I can fix some of the roof issues and find that ladder. I also removed the flashies (just for CJ and Reyule).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed, a very fun evening! Lots of teamwork...we really ran those maps through their paces. Looking forward to more nights like these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. RROD on Sunday; won't be joining you guys on this for a while. Would have played again this Friday (seeing as I rented the game the night I played with you guys), but I returned it because I wouldn't be able to play it again.

    Thanks for a great time and some beautifully-crafted maps. I'll be talking to you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete