Saturday, March 28, 2009

Recap: March 27, 2009

Turnout was a little light for the large group session, but it was a fun time over all.  Several maps saw a single half-hour run and the dreaded ban hammer stayed in its sheath the entire night.

I was really pleased to see that CrazyUncleDave’s new map Suspendead played as well as it looked in the editor.  We’ve been needing some new blood for the small map session and that one is definitely in the permanent rotation.

Broken Piggy’s liberal take on Halo’s Wizard, Wizard Incarnate, proved to be a worthy challenge as well, with plenty of room for snipers and CQB play.

gotcherrr’s Four Corners showed some promise both for CTD and Uprising, though it could use some additional team spawns and some minor sprucing up.

The other welcome surprise of the night was MarkTW’s Mall Madness.  Again, more team spawns would be welcome, but overall, it played well.  I was especially fond of the fact that you need to break the jewelry cases to get at the diamond in CTD.  Very nice touch.

Finally, I’d like to welcome Arcus Arcanus to our little FCF family.  Good playing with you, man.

PS: nick b ocher – dude, I appreciate your dedication to the cause, but you really need to make sure you don’t tick off your woman as a result!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Night once again everyone!

    All games were great and teamwork was in full effect as always!

    Sorry I had to bail before the last map was played but I was beat and fighting off sleep towards the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments, CJ. Glad you liked "Suspendead". Nick, nice work on your "Wizard Incarnate" map! Very cool looking and a fun layout! I wish I could have stayed longer...my band is getting more gigs these days, and, well...Friday night is a popular night to play. Hopefully I'll be able to make the big session this week, though-no gigs on the calendar for this week.

    ReplyDelete