Saturday, January 3, 2009

Trench Notes: January 2, 2009

With such a fun night there were bound to be some memorable events. Here are a few that stuck with me:

  • We were playing Jaynes Oasis on Uprising and I had already upgraded to using IEDs on my close-quarters load-out. CrazyUncleDave was the captain on the opposing team and I was the captain for my team. After capturing a point, I left an IED on it and ran to the next capture point. I told my team that the IED was there but since there was no one from our team watching the sabotaged control point, I didn’t know if I should blow it or not. Broken Piggy said “Just blow it – chances are that someone will be there."

    Well, blow it I did – and it got Dave before he could capture the point. I kept following that formula of capturing a point, dropping an IED and then blowing it as soon as I got to the next point. And, crazy as it sounds, almost every time, it would send CrazyUncleDave to the Death Room. It was uncanny, and I couldn’t stop laughing.

  • During the large map session, we were playing on Roadie Rage Reverb and I’d selected CTD, since I’ve never seen it played on that mode before with a full room. That was one of the most insane, fast-paced CTD matches I’ve ever been in that didn’t spiral off into an SKD-fest.

    (PS – APR has a slight advantage playing CTD on that map since they have an additional return path: Go up the staircases and through the balcony and jump down into the theater. Risky, but it’s a path that the UFLL can’t use when they are carrying the diamond back to their base in the lobby.)

  • In the “He' was just begging to be banned” category, there was this guy – must have been about 16 – who came into the lobby and the first words out of his mouth were “Is this game any good?” He asked it twice before a few of us gave answers along the lines of “That’s something to judge for yourself.”

    We start an uprisng match on Kesselschlact. Turns out this is the first time the guy has played FC2. After a couple of minutes he starts saying how he hates the graphics and shooting on the game. Then he starts complaining about the fact that we are playing on a user-created map. I was trying to be patient, but this guy was really trying to light my fuse. We get back in the lobby after the match ends, and this guy immediately sets a vote to change maps (an FCF no-no.) I tell him that we don’t do that and he starts contradicting me. Then he goes on to tell me that we should be playing the factory maps instead of user maps.

    Out loud, I said “That’s it. I’ve had enough of you.”

    Sha-WING!!!!! The ban-hammer got fed.

    Moral: Don’t repeatedly annoy the host!

Got a story from tonight’s sessions? Tell it in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks guys - this was my first Friday nighter and it was a blast. I think trying to take A on sphere was very memorable. Lots of great maps and lots of fun! Thanks again from a new guy :)

    TuckerIntensity

    ReplyDelete